You'll be able to:|
› View Reservation History
› Pre-fill Booking Form
› Receive Newsletter
Please review when making cabin or group lodging reservation. Posted 11-1-07, revised 10-1-12, 06-01-18, 2-1-21Big Bear Reservation Policies for Cabin Rentals at Golden Bear Cottages
The following information provided is approved by the Big Bear Lake Marketing Association.
Note: for Large Cabin Rentals, Holiday Periods, High Season, Group reservations and Vacation Club see explanations at the bottom part of this page. Thank you.
Big Bear Reservation Policies for Cabin Rentals at Golden Bear Cottages. Updated 2-1-21
NOTE: Check your confirmation. Cabin assigned and rates may differ with online booking services.
If you plan to bring pets, make sure to choose a designated cabin where pets are welcome. Pet fees will be applied.
DETAILS (1) Credit card will normally be charged 1/2 of stay, the full amount for a one night stay or reservations received close to check-in date. Our staff reserves the right to modify or upgrade cabins to fit number of guests or late over-bookings. (2) Guest check-in is AFTER 3 p.m., MAY BE LATER DURING HOLIDAY OR PEAK PERIODS. (3) Late check-in by prior arrangement. Balance is due before arrival. (4) Check out is by 11 a.m. (5) Regular Pet Fee is $15 per day per pet. A "Pet Penalty" will be charged for pets kept inside NON-PET FRIENDLY cabins. (6) A cleaning fee will be added to third party bookings. (7) Cancellations may be made by phone, but will not be accepted unless confirmed in writing. (8) Cancellations over 60 days from check-in (90 days Holiday and High Season) will receive a date change without penalty or a refund minus a re-booking fee. (9) Cancellations less than 60 days prior to arrival may receive a date change minus a per day re-booking fee, but not a refund. Deposits will be forfeited if cancelled cabins are not re-booked. Note: long-term rentals and group rentals are not cancellable unless completely re-rented. A cancellation fee will be applied. (10) Qualifying discounts are given in advance including: AAA, Military, Law Enforcement and Gift Cards. Please request discount at the time reservation is made. Discounts will not be deducted after booking is confirmed. (11) A security deposit may be assessed to group reservations or other reservations deemed by the management to be of higher risk. Damages to cabins by occupying party or their guests will be charged to credit card(s) on file, copies of which are taken upon arrival. These cards will be used as protection for damages or incidentals. A fee to cover possible damages to cabins may be charged for large cabins and groups. Non-refundable resort cleaning fee ($25 for small or medium cabins, $50 for larger cabins, or $75 for retreat cabins) is charged to each cabin booking. (12) No refunds will be issued due to inclement weather. NO REFUNDS will be given for early departures.
*Concerns need to be made to management as soon as a problem is noticed, not at checkout. We will do our best to address your concerns on a timely and courteous basis. Thank you.
LARGE RESORT CABINS, GROUPS AND HOLIDAY VACATION RENTALS:
(1) A non-refundable deposit for half (by cash, credit card or check) of total (unless group specifies special needs) will be taken as a GUARANTEE at the time the reservation is made. Golden Bear Cottages staff reserves the right to modify or upgrade cabins to fit number of guests or late over bookings. (2) The entire balance amount of each group cabin must be paid by cash, credit card, check or certified check at least 30 days prior to arrival. (3) Cancellation penalties are based on the actual re-rental possibilities and costs involved in cleaning and marketing of cabins; and refunds are not given for these types of Group Rentals, Large Cabins and Vacation Rentals. No refunds are given for cancellations due to inclement weather. No refunds are given for "no-show" reservations. Guest is responsible for the entire amount of reservation if they do not show up or call to cancel the reservation. Golden Bear Cottages will hold the cabins for any guest who has not called to cancel and therefore losses the opportunity to be able to re-rent that cabin. Golden Bear Cottages will not be financially responsible for financial loss due to a guest/guests not showing up to utilize the rentals that they contracted for. (4) Responsible group leaders will be asked to sign a credit card pre-authorization form, along with giving a credit card for imprint upon arrival or via-fax before their arrival date, to cover any damages or extra cleaning charges caused by their group. Any damages to Golden Bear Cottages will be documented and photographed and will be discussed upon request by the group leader. Damages may include, but are not limited to, broken or damaged furniture and/or other broken or damaged items in cabins, excessive filthiness and/or trash in cabins, soiled carpets, or furniture and items that have been moved without the express permission of Golden Bear Cottages staff. (5) A non-refundable "Group Service Fee" will be charged to all large groups to cover the extra work involved in hosting a group. The group leader will be required to sign a disclaimer that states that the group take responsibility for extra charges. (6) Golden Bear Cottages management will charge a security deposit to groups and large cabins prior to check-in date where there is a higher risk of damage to the resort property. The amount of the security deposit is based on the size of the group and the number of cabins rented. (7) A non-refundable one-time resort cleaning fee ($50 large cabins, or $75 for retreat cabins) will be charged to each cottage/cabin reservation. NOTE: taxes subject to change without notice. For more details, ask your reservations agent to explain the policy or request an explanation in writing. Check your confirmation, cabin assigned and rates may differ with online booking services based on availability.
NOTE: Last minute and holiday bookings must be confirmed by phone in advance.
Golden Bear Cottages Vacation Club Payment Plan
Big benefits. Small payments
Even if you don't have all the cash now, a flexible and affordable yearly vacation is well within your reach-just 10% down with our flexible payment plan.
Installment plan program:
Payment schedule: 10% at time of booking, and 10% of balance per month for 10 months.
The Payment Plan is available for those who wish to spread their payments out over time. The Plan requires a 10% down payment, it also includes a $50 processing fee at time of purchase. The remaining balance will be charged in ten additional equal installments for ten consecutive months (actual dates of payment processing may vary). The same credit/debit card will be charged for all payments (keep this in mind when you choose your card - it must have an expiration date of one year from purchase date or later). The Payment Plan is designed for credit/debit card purchasers. But, you can make your down payment with cash or check and then pay the balance monthly with the credit card on file. The entire purchase must be completed using the same credit/debit card originally processed.
There are NO REFUNDS on Vacation Club reservations - even if the dates are never used. There are also NO REFUNDS on installment payments you have made if you choose to cancel your Payment Plan prior to completing your payments.
To sign up for the Payment Plan or if you have any questions, please call our office 1-800-461-1023
Special discounted seasonal offers are not refundable.
CABIN RENTAL PRICES FOR THANKSGIVING, CHRISTMAS AND OTHER MAJOR HOLIDAYS ARE THE SAME AS OUR NORMAL HIGH SEASON RENTAL RATES, BUT THE NON HOTEL HOLIDAY CABIN RESERVATIONS DO HAVE LONGER MINIMUM STAYS OF 3, 4 0R 5 DAYS.. Last minute and holiday bookings must be confirmed by phone in advance.
Affordable Cabins and Vacation Rental reservations, Special AAA discounts and Packages. Cabin rentals reservation policies in Big Bear, CA from Golden Bear, Cozy mountain cabins for rent at the lowest price, A wide variety of cabins for rent, Join our Vacation Club or Fisherman's Club for special discounts, Christian churches receive super discounts... Memorable Vacations Begin at Golden Bear Cottages Resort with our clean, affordable NON HOTEL accommodations! Returning guests also receive flexable early check-ins and late check-outs whenever available!
Guest concerns need to be made to the management as soon as a problem is noticed. We will do our best to address your concerns on a timely and courteous basis. Thank you.
Big Bear annual events lodging reservations- returning groups advance reservation policy:
Group Special Rate Policy - Golden Bear Cottages limited time offer for 3 or more day annual events.Reservation Policy for our very special friends and valued returning guests, please read and take advantage of33% discount reservation policy for returning 3 day or longer group events Golden Bear Cottages ResortThis is your special group reservation deal, it allows us to manage our other group's requested dates and ensures that the retreat lodge and as many cabins as you need at Golden Bear Cottages Resort are reserved for next year's event:
- Free Night - To receive a free night, guest must book their cabin before leaving this year or prior to the booking deadline set by Golden Bear Cottages. The Free night can be used (with a minimum of 2 paid days) on either the day before the annual event or the day at the end of the event.
- Deposit for next year's event must be a minimum of 25% or $100.00. A second 25% will be due 90 days from event departure date. The balance will be due 30 days prior to the arrival date of next year's event. This deposit guarantees your cabin dates, and there are no refunds, but another group member may take your cabin if there is a reason you cannot attend next year's event. We will provide an automatic free date change if event date changes.
- Security deposit will normally be added based on cabin and group size.
- The group leader may be entitled to one free night for each 10 cabins booked by their group. Maximum of 3 free days if the entire lodge property is booked by your group. (some cabin size limitations may apply, please confirm your availability with our office).
This information is provided for you and approved by the Big Bear Lake Marketing Association.
Thank you for taking advantage of our special returning group offer for our very special friends who attend these annual group events. There are some weekend, holiday and high season dates that will not be available. You may view our group cabin rentals and all these reservation policies online at the special returning groups discount website:Check your confirmation, cabin assigned and rates may differ with online booking services and availability.http://www.goldenbear.net/returning_groups_advance_reservation_policyGolden Bear Cottages owners, Don and Karen DiCarlo, Lisa and Len Duran google-site-verification: googlefd932fffc8c0c1ee.htmlfollow us on Facebook Golden Bear CottagesPlease choose this link for a video tour of Big Bear Lake cabins and Golden Bear