You'll be able to:|
› View Reservation History
› Pre-fill Booking Form
› Receive Newsletter
Please review when making your cabin and group lodging reservations. November 1, 2007, revised Oct. 23, 2012Big Bear Reservation Policies for Cabin Rentals at Golden Bear Cottages
Information provided for you by the Big Bear Lake Marketing Association RESERVATION POLICY FOR OUR STANDARD BIG BEAR LAKE CABIN RENTALS:
Note: for Large Cabin Rentals, Holiday Periods, High Season, Group reservations and Vacation Club see explanations at the bottom part of this page.
(1) Your credit card will normally be charged 1/2 of your stay plus tax & fees, the full amount for a one night stay or reservations received close to check-in date. (2) Guest check-in is AFTER 3 p.m., but MAY BE LATER DURING HOLIDAY OR PEAK PERIODS. (3) Late check-in is only by prior arrangement with the balance due on your credit card before arrival. (4) Check out is by 11 a.m. (5) Regular Pet Fee is $10 per day/ per pet. A minimum $25 per day "Pet Penalty" will be charged for pets in NON-PET FRIENDLY cabins. (6) Cancellations may be made by phone, but will not be accepted unless confirmed in writing. All cancellations are subject to standard cancellation fees: (7) Cancellations over 60 days from check-in date (90 days during Holiday periods and High Season) will receive a date change without penalty or a refund minus a minimum $25 to $50 per day re-booking fee. (8) Cancellations less than 60 days prior to arrival may receive a date change minus a $25 to $50 per day re-booking fee, but not a refund. Deposits will be forfeited if cabins are cancelled and not re-booked. Note: 30 day, other long-term rentals and group rentals are not cancellable unless completely re-rented, and a cancellation fee will be applied. (9) Qualifying discounts are given in advance with proper identification including: AAA, Seniors, Military, Law Enforcement and valid Gift Cards. Please request discount at the time your reservation is made, discounts will not be deducted after that time. (10) Damages to cottages by occupying party or their guests will be charged to credit card(s) on file, imprints of which are taken upon arrival. An imprint will be taken of all parties credit cards checking in that will be utilizing each cabin. These card/cards will be used as protection for damages or incidentals.If damages occur, the guest will receive an itemized list of damages or extra cleaning fees after check-out via USPS. Please ask office staff to review any special needs. A damage coverage policy is available to cover damages to cabins for a nominal fee which is a great idea for groups, please see yellow area below. A non-refundable one-time resort cleaning fee ($25 for small or medium cabins, $50 large cabin, or $75 for retreat cabins) will be charged to each cabin reservation.
POLICY FOR LARGE RESORT CABINS, GROUPS AND HOLIDAY VACATION RENTALS:
(1) A non-refundable deposit for half (by check) of total (unless group specifies special needs) will be taken as a GUARANTEE at the time the reservation is made. (2) The entire balance amount must be paid by cash, check or certified check at least 30 days prior to arrival. (3) Cancellation penalties are based on the actual re-rental possibilities and costs involved in cleaning and marketing of cabins; and refunds are not given for these types of Group Rentals, Large Cabins and Vacation Rentals. (4) Responsible group leaders will be asked to sign a credit card pre-authorization form, along with giving a credit card for imprint upon arrival or via-fax before their arrival date, to cover any damages or extra cleaning charges caused by their group. Any damages to Golden Bear Cottages will be documented and photographed and will be discussed upon request by the group leader. Damages may include, but are not limited to, broken or damaged furniture and/or other broken or damaged items in cabins, excessive filthiness and/or trash in cabins, soiled carpets, or furniture and items that have been moved without the express permission of Golden Bear Cottages staff. (5) A non-refundable "Group Service Fee" will be charged to all large groups to cover the extra work involved in hosting a group of five (5) cabins or more. The group leader will be required to sign a disclaimer that states that the group take responsibility for extra charges. (6) Upon the discretion of Golden Bear Cottages management, a security deposit may be charged to groups and large cabins where there is a higher risk of damage to the resort property. In lieu of the security deposit, we advise that your group purchase a damage insurance policy for a nominal fee (usually MUCH LESS than the security deposit would have been). The amount of the security deposit (if you choose it instead of the recommended damage insurance) is based on the size of the group and the number of cabins rented. (7) A non-refundable one-time resort cleaning fee ($50 large cabins, or $75 for retreat cabins) will be charged to each cottage/cabin reservation. For more details, ask your reservations agent to explain the advantages of the damage insurance or request an explanation in writing.
Damage Protection / in lieu of Security Deposit
Guests are responsible for any damage they may cause during their stay. We require the purchase of a non-refundable accidental rental damage insurance policy for groups. This policy offers from $1,500 to 10,000 dollars of coverage for accidental damage to the vacation cabin or cottage during your stay depending on the policy coverage purchased. Policy details and coverage are detailed separately and should be reviewed prior to purchase. This group damage insurance policy is available at a very nominal cost, and we believe is a better alternative to a security deposit.
Liability is not limited to the policy coverage. If extensive damage is caused by the guests or their invites to any part of the rental property exceeds the amount of the damage protection policy, guest understands and agrees that they are responsible to pay the additional cost for replacement or repair of damaged items.
Golden Bear Cottages Vacation Club Payment Plan
Big benefits. Small payments
Even if you don't have all the cash now, a flexible and affordable yearly vacation is well within your reach-just 10% down with our new payment plan.
Installment plan program:
Payment schedule: 10% at time of booking, and 10% of balance per month for 10 months.
The Payment Plan is available for those who wish to spread their payments out over time. The Plan requires a 10% down payment, it also includes a $50 processing fee at time of purchase. The remaining balance will be charged in ten additional equal installments for ten consecutive months (actual dates of payment processing may vary). The same credit/debit card will be charged for all payments (keep this in mind when you choose your card - it must have an expiration date of one year from purchase date or later). The Payment Plan is designed for credit/debit card purchasers. But, you can make your down payment with cash or check and then pay the balance monthly with the credit card on file. The entire purchase must be completed using the same credit/debit card originally processed.
There are NO REFUNDS on Vacation Clubs - even if the dates are never used. There are also NO REFUNDS on installment payments you have made if you choose to cancel your Payment Plan prior to completing your payments.
To sign up for the Payment Plan or if you have any questions, please call our office 1-800-461-1023
Vacation Club Payment Plan rules and conditions updated April 1, 2013
Special offers:Special discounted seasonal offers are not refundable.
Affordable Cabins and Vacation Rental reservations, Special AAA discounts and Packages. Cabin rentals reservation policies in Big Bear, CA from Golden Bear, Cozy mountain cabins for rent at the lowest price, A wide variety of cabins for rent, Join our Vacation Club or Fisherman's Club for special discounts, Christian churches always recieve super discounts... Memorable Vacations Begin at Golden Bear Cottages Resort with our clean Affordable Accommodations! Returning guests also receive FREE early check-ins and FREE late check-outs whenever available! CABIN RENTAL PRICES FOR THANKSGIVING, CHRISTMAS AND OTHER MAJOR HOLIDAYS ARE THE SAME AS OUR NORMAL HIGH SEASON RENTAL RATES, BUT THESE HOLIDAY CABIN RESERVATIONS DO HAVE LONGER MINIMUM STAYS
Big Bear annual events lodging reservations- returning groups advance reservation policy:
Group Special Rate Policy
- Golden Bear Cottages limited time offer for 3 or more day annual events.Reservation Policy
for our very special friends and valued returning guests, please read and take advantage of33% discount reservation policy for returning 3 day or longer group events
Golden Bear Cottages Resort
This is your special group reservation deal, it allows us to manage our other group's requested dates and ensures that the retreat lodge and as many cabins as you need at Golden Bear Cottages Resort are reserved for next year's event:
- Free Night - To receive a free night, guest must book their cabin before leaving this year or prior to the booking deadline set by Golden Bear Cottages. The Free night can be used (with a minimum of 2 paid days) on either the day before the annual event or the day at the end of the event.
- Deposit for next year's event must be a minimum of 25% or $100.00. A second 25% will be due 90 days from event departure date. The balance will be due 30 days prior to the arrival date of next year's event. This deposit guarantees your cabin dates, and there are no refunds, but another group member may take your cabin if there is a reason you cannot attend next year's event. We will provide an automatic free date change if event date changes.
- The group leader may be entitled to one free night for each 10 cabins booked by their group. Maximum of 3 free days if the entire lodge property is booked by your group. (some cabin size limitations may apply, please confirm your availability with our office).
Thank you for taking advantage of our special returning group offer for our very special friends who attend these annual group events. There are some weekend, holiday and high season dates that will not be available. You may view our group cabin rentals and all these reservation policies online at the special returning groups discount website:http://www.goldenbear.net/returning_groups_advance_reservation_policy
Golden Bear Cottages owners, Don and Karen DiCarlo, Lisa and Len Duran google-site-verification: googlefd932fffc8c0c1ee.htmlfollow us on Facebook Golden Bear CottagesPlease choose this link for a video tour of Big Bear Lake cabins and Golden Bear