Big Bear Oktoberfest events brought to you by Golden Bear Cottages: one of the Top 20 Rustic Resorts in the USA, and the Big Bear Lake Marketing Association
Big Bear Lake Oktoberfest California's #1 Oktoberfest Kicks-Off September 13th
The Big Bear Lake Oktoberfest celebrates 44 years of German style family fun and good times this year. Rated Southern California's #1 Oktoberfest, this Fall's festival offers authentic German entertainment, food and beer!
The Big Bear Lake Oktoberfest provides an excuse to enjoy a weekend away from the stress and obligations of everyday life in a beautiful alpine setting. The festival takes place in Big Bear Lake high in the San Bernardino mountains. See more details at http://bigbearevents.com/oktoberfest/entertainment/activity-schedule/
Join Our Extended Family on Facebook with all the latest!
for more information you may also call
The Convention Center at Big Bear Lake
Phone: (909) 585-3000
Oktoberfest Like a Local
Big Bear Lake's Oktoberfest is a local tradition spanning more than forty years.
Hans Bandow and his family originally brought the tradition to Big Bear.
What started in a tent, quickly grew into its own building, the Big Bear Lake Convention Center.
Hans had the architect design a building based on the early Oktoberfest tents from Germany.
Log Sawing Contest
The event organizers provide an entertainment mix of German bands and progressive
Los Angeles rock bands. The dancing is punctuated with old fashioned log sawing contests,
stein holding for men and women, and pretzel eating for the kids.
Whether you come for the chicken dance or to sample the fine German draft beer, there are
a few things you'll want to know!
(right side of main entrance). If you make reservations, you can stroll past this line of people.
- Parking and Entrance -Parking is plentiful during the day, but can get pretty crowded on Saturday nights. The entrance to the party is on the northwest gate
There's a petting zoo with llamas, rabbits, goats and pigs. Sunday tends to be a quieter day and the kids can run all over.
- Family Friendly - The best time for children to Oktoberfest is during the day, before 6PM.
- Beer and Food Lines - All lines require a ticket (there is one outside cash line).
- There's an ATM on the premises. You can purchase beer and food in lines outside,
- which is usually quicker than inside. Inside, you'll have to purchase beer tickets and
- then redeem them at the bar or food line.
Surrounding the building are Oktoberfest cabins with vendors, food and games. Our fall weather
can be warm and sunny, making the patio a great place to hang out.
Big Bear Lake long range precipitation forecast
This year's 2011 Oktoberfest runs every weekend from September 13 through October 25th.
This fall, try the world's highest altitude Bavarian Beer Party.
- And So it Goes in Shreveport: The SIGIS Octoberfest Store is OPEN! -
- The SIGIS Octoberfest shop is now open for your shopping pleasure.
- The SIGIS Amazon shop has reliably served your shopping needs for over a year
- now and now we've added an Octoberfest wing. …
- Octoberfest or Oktoberfest, which is the correct spelling … -
- In North America, the autumn festival best known for the consumption of beer
- has often been spelled as Octoberfest, after the English spelling of the month October.
- However, the spelling of Octoberfest as it relates to …
Reserve a cabin online or call us today toll free at 1-800-461-1023
|Golden Bear Cottages is a family friendly Christian resort in Big Bear...cabin availability and rental rates... look here and see rate calendar |
44th Annual Big Bear Lake Oktoberfest
Schedule of Events Schedule is subject to change!
2014 Oktoberfest events to remember: Ongoing events that take place each weekend include:
Please note: On Saturdays after 6:00 p.m. only persons 21 years and older will be admitted. However, families with children who have entered Oktoberfest prior to 6:00 p.m. will not be asked to leave at 6:00 p.m.
- Log Sawing & Stein Holding Contests - held several times throughout the day both Saturdays and Sundays.
- The Safe Slam Beer Drinking & Beer Pong contests are held every Saturday evening after 8:00 p.m.
- Children's contests are held Sundays at approximately 3:00 p.m.
- Outside Budenstrasse (Game Booths, Exhibitors, Samson The Bull) will be open Saturdays from 12:00 Noon to 8:00 p.m. and Sundays from 12:00 Noon - 5:00 p.m.